The heart is the life center of all living beings. It pumps food, oxygen and blood to our body with rhythmic contractions. Like other muscles in the body, the heart needs oxygen to function properly. There are coronary arteries, which are nourishing vessels, to meet this need of the heart. Any problem that may occur in these can lead to very serious problems. The heart, which is one of our most important organs and works non-stop throughout life, is very sensitive to diseases. The most common problem in the heart is atherosclerosis; but besides this, there are other different heart diseases as well. In the USA, 600 thousand people die each year, half of them suddenly, due to coronary heart disease.
Cardiovascular diseases have become serious health problems that are very common in society today. Proper movement of blood in the heart depends on the proper functioning of all four valves.
Complaints about heart diseases:
- chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- swelling in the legs
- Cyanosis (bruising)
- Don't get tired easily
Diagnosis in our cardiology clinic:
- effort test
- 24-hour rhythm and ambulatory blood pressure holter
- Coronary artery angiography
- Angiography of peripheral vessels
- Electrophysiological study (EFF)
- Opening the coronary and peripheral arteries with balloon and stent (a team is available for primary intervention in acute myocardial infarction for 24 hours)
- ASD,VSD PDA closure
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Temporary and permanent pacemaker implantation
As in many diseases, ways to prevent heart diseases should be investigated before they get sick. At the very least, it is necessary to reduce the risks that may occur.